Don't let women's health issues affect your quality of life
Many women are often too embarrassed to discuss women’s health issues with their doctor and so often suffer the symptoms of menopause in silence. When they experience any gynaecological issues, they usually put it down to the fact that “it’s normal because they’re female” unaware that there is in fact a solution to their problem.
It is estimated that 40% of postmenopausal women experience symptoms related to vaginal atrophy, but that only one quarter of these women seek medical help.
Dr Ljiljana Miljkovic-Petkovic is the first gynaecological practice in Newcastle to offer a painless and minimally invasive laser treatment for vaginal rejuvenation. The MonaLisa Touch can relieve vaginal discomfort in only a few minutes and with no side effects.
Symptoms of Vaginal Atrophy
- Vaginal itchiness and burning
- Prolapse and laxity
- Dryness and loss of lubrication
- Incontinence and urinary urgency
- Recurrent thrush and urinary tract infections
- Vaginal and vulval pain
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Contraindication to H.R.T.
How Does MonaLisa Touch Work?
The MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Laser stimulates collagen formation and promotes the body’s natural regeneration process, which helps improve circulation and nutrient supply to the vaginal lining, counteracting the effects of vaginal atrophy.
Within as little as 30 days after treatment you will start to notice the effects as new tissue is regenerated and the protective vaginal lining recovers volume, hydration and elasticity.
The laser’s action safely and painlessly restores function and balance to the internal vaginal environment, helping reduce the symptoms of vaginal dryness, irritation and fissuring.
The MonaLisa Touch laser treatment offers significantly longer lasting results than traditional treatments, as it addresses the cause of vaginal atrophy rather than just treating the symptoms.
- Painless 10-minute treatment
- Low risk with little or no side effects
- Suitable for almost all women
- Suitable for patients who may be unsuitable for hormone replacement therapy e.g. breast cancer patients
- Suitable solution for those who have had unsatisfactory results with hormone treatments
Risks and Side Effects of Monalisa Touch
Monalisa Touch being a surface laser therapy is virtually free of side effects.
- Some patients report that there is minor discomfort or redness immediately after the procedure, but it rapidly clears.
- The procedure is considered painless.
- Most normal daily activities can be resumed immediately after treatment.
- Patient studies have not reported any side effects, with most recipients reporting to be happy or very happy with the course of treatment.